New patient forms are available on our website. Patients with computer access are encouraged to print the forms and complete prior to their first appointment.
Insurance and Fees
We file most commercial insurance claims and participate in most managed care plans, including Medicare. Please remember that Medicare pays only 80% of the set fee, so if you do not have a secondary insurance, you are responsible for the remaining 20%. All co-pays, deductibles and other amounts due are expected at the time services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover Card.
Please bring all insurance information and your insurance card with you.
Authorizations and Referrals
Some managed care insurance companies including HMO’s require you to have an authorization or referral number before being seen at our specialist office. It is your responsibility to get an approval or referral from your primary physician for a visit to our office prior to your appointment.
Narcotics for pain should be used carefully and sparingly, and for as short as time as possible. Please be aware that prescription information is monitored closely by all pharmacies and reported to the Florida Department of Health. You may be asked to sign a Pain Management Agreement with our physician before receiving a prescription for pain, or we may need to refer you to a Pain Clinic/Pain Management Specialist.
No pain medication will be called in after normal office hours, or on the weekend.
Why Choose Us
Designed for patients with a broad spectrum of painful and disabling conditions of the spine, Memorial Spine Clinic provides comprehensive, compassionate evaluations and recommends and coordinates the best possible treatment alternatives. Typical patients are those living with back pain, neck pain, radiculopathy (pain, numbness, or weakness from a compressed nerve in the spine), or myelopathy (loss of strength, sensation, or coordination due to spinal cord damage). Many of our patients may have had prior injuries or surgery with less than optimal results.
Our hands-on personal care includes:
- Evaluation of the problem and associated medical risk (extensive interviews, physical exams, reviews of prior test results, and additional testing if needed)
- Treatment, including physical therapy, rehabilitation medicine, anesthesia pain management, medical pain management, psychological evaluation, and rheumatology evaluation to provide appropriate non-operative care
- Surgery: The most technologically advanced spine surgery techniques, including minimally invasive operations, microscopic diskectomies and decompressions, spinal fusions with instrumentation of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines, tumor removal, adult deformity correction, and artificial disk replacements in the neck.
- Final recommendations regarding physical limitations, exercise recommendations, use of medications, and expectations regarding chronic symptoms.